8 WEEKS OF POTSC COMMUNITY
By LV Hanson: When we imagined Mariners Church launching a tangible, local expression of People of the Second Chance in Orange County last summer, we had no idea what to expect. But after a whirlwind of dreaming and planning, we launched weekly POTSC Gatherings at Mariners in January -- and our community is being transformed before our eyes.
The past 8 weeks have been nothing short of amazing. Our community is no longer as it was, and we wanted to share a few real life quotes as highlights of this journey. We celebrate these stories!
- Through POTSC I have made honest and real friends.
- I am beginning to believe that codependence does not define me; my identity in Christ does.
- After believing that everyone is a liar for 20 years, I'm finding that integrity, authenticity, and trust are possible.
- I didn't feel anything unless I felt pain. Cutting became a way to feel alive. But now I'm slowly learning how to feel again.
- I didn't like my body. I had a love/hate relationship with food. But now I'm learning how to take care of myself and celebrate how God made me.
Because of this movement at Mariners, we're seeing topics like brokenness, addiction, pain, and failure demystified in church. We are thankful, and continue to radically trust for more of what we're already seeing – freedom, healing, courage, and hope.
HUGE thanks to the entire POTSC team and community for helping us in the journey. We know there's more to come, and we can't wait to keep sharing it with you!